Thursday, May 10, 2007

Van Helsing Boombox

Title from Man Man (MySpace)



I like remembering how we got out

of that creepy old castle in North Hampton

with cob webs in the corners

and moss on the Victorian wallpaper

and a coven of coffin'd Counts in the basement.



They had us surrounded,

fangs dripping with anticipatory saliva

as they hissed and waved their hairy hands

like they were casting a pre-dinner hex.



You threw me a "Holy shit, we're going to be killed by mythology" glance,

but I just smirked and shook my head

and pulled out my boom box.

I dropped in a copy of Van Halen,

and when Eddie started shredding "Eruption,"

those neck-biters bit the dust.



When you asked how Van Halen just saved our lives,

I laughed and shook my head

and pointed to an emblem on the boom box.

In raised letters: "Made by Van Helsing."

No comments: